Today I had the opportunity to go to the Intel & DST Innovate for Digital India Challenge kick-off event held at Le Royal Meridian, Chennai. Intel is organizing this challenge for aspiring innovators, entrepreneurs, product designers, startups, students, etc. It is open to Indian National Residents who are 18 years or more as on 1st June ’15.
There are two broad areas where new designs/ideas can be submitted:
- Citizen Device Platform (Hardware Access Device) that helps digitally non-literate person to interact with systems in order to drive mass adoption of technology. For example: Multilingual Voice input/output, Biometric sensing, gesture recognition, etc.
- Create Apps that accelerate delivery of e-governance through eKranti/MyGov on the mobile platform.
What’s there for the Participants?
- 3-Months Accelerator program in Bangalore & Pune
- Access to Grants and Equity Investments
- Access to Product kits & Fablabs based on Intel architecture for rapid prototyping
- Industry connect, mentorship, field immersion and productization opportunities
The selection will happen over five phases and the last date for application (first phase) is June 15, 2015. So if you have any bright ideas or you know someone who has innovative ideas to solve problems affecting the masses through technology, please refer and participate through the following link: Innovate for Digital India.
This initiative is being organized by Intel India. In collaboration with: Department of Science & Technology (Government of India). Supported by myGov & DeitY. Anchored by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.